Non Lucrative Visa Spain

There are many ways to become a resident in Spain. One of the easiest is through a non lucrative visa spain (NLV). This is not based on investing, but simply by having enough financial resources to be able to live without working in Spain. Whether you are looking to retire or just want to spend some time in the sun, the NLV is a great option. However, there are some things you need to know before you apply for this type of visa.

Before you start the process of applying for a non lucrative visa, you must be aware that it can take up to 3 months for the consulate to process your application. Therefore, it is important to start the process well in advance of your intended date of arrival in Spain. It is also important to make sure you have all the required documentation to support your application.

Some of the most important documents include a valid passport with at least 6 months left before expiration, an NIE number (a unique personal ID number given to foreigners staying in Spain for more than six months), bank statements showing you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself and your family members who are coming with you, employment letter stating salary or other income, a medical certificate and a police clearance certificate. Depending on your country of origin, you may need additional documentation.

Once you have met all the requirements, you will be granted an initial non lucrative visa which is valid for a year. It can be renewed for another two years, meaning you can live in Spain for five years before being able to apply for a permanent residency permit.

One of the most common reasons that non lucrative visa applications are denied is because the applicant does not meet the minimum requirements to prove they have sufficient economic means to support themselves and their family. The requirement is based on monthly payments of more than four times the current year’s IPREM (a measure of household disposable income). However, this requirement can vary by consulate and is something that you should discuss with your advisor.

If you are looking to move to Spain from the USA, you should be aware that the Spanish immigration laws are very different than those of other European countries. In order to avoid any surprises, it is highly recommended that you work with an experienced immigration attorney.

Once you are granted a NLV, you will be able to travel freely throughout the EU. You will need to show your passport with the visa sticker when you enter any EU member state and respect the entry requirements of each country. In addition, you will need to have private health insurance and proof that you have enough money to support yourself while living in Spain. Having these documents in place will give you peace of mind knowing that your relocation to Spain will be a smooth process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *